Cranberry sauce is so easy to make – so skip the canned jelly “stuff.” This recipe makes 3 cups. Feel free to jazz up the recipe with toasted, chopped nuts or other fruit.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash of ground cloves
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
What you’ll do:
- Combine the sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cranberries in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium; cook 12 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Remove from heat; stir in the orange rind.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!