This dish can be made up to two days in advance. Simple bake the potatoes, assemble and refrigerate. Bake just before serving. Recipe serves 8.
What you’ll need:
- 2 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mini-marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce each potato several times with a fork. Place the potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Cool slightly, peel and mash in a large bowl.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Into the bowl with the potatoes, add the half-and-half, melted butter, maple syrup, salt, pepper, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice and egg. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the potato mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated in cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with mini-marshmallows and chopped pecans. Bake 12 more minutes or until the marshmallows are slightly melted.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!