All you need is this recipe and 35 minutes to get dinner on the table tonight. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed rep pepper flakes
- 1 large shallot, sliced (or 1/4 cup sliced yellow onion)
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
What you’ll do:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, 1 3/4 cups water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender – about 20 minutes. Once cooked, remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing frequently until pink, about 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
- In the same skillet, add 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the shallot and peas and cook 2-3 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Mix in the mint, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Serve the rice with the shrimp and peas.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!