Even anti-eggplant folks will dig this hearty pasta dish. Recipe makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 4 1/2 cups peeled, cubed eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups hot cooked penne (or other short pasta)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
What you’ll do:
- Cook the eggplant, sausage and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until sausage is browned and eggplant is tender.
- Add the tomato paste, oregano, pepper and diced tomatoes.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl.
- Add the tomato mixture, feta and parsley. Toss well before serving.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!