Start November off with a fall-inspired dinner. Make sure you buy pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. Recipe serves 4. On the side, a simple salad will do the trick.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- vegetable oil
What you’ll do:
- In a bowl, combine the pumpkin puree and cumin.
- Spread evenly over 4 tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-low. Cook quesadillas one at a time, turning once, until browned – about 3 minutes – and adding additionally oil if necessary.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe and image from Rachael Ray Magazine.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!