Your kids will be begging for seconds tonight with this breakfast-meets-dinner meal. Serve with a side of fruit and a little bit of maple syrup for dunking. Makes 2 sandwiches but this is one recipe where making more is a breeze.
What you’ll need:
- 2 thick slices bread
- 2 slices deli roast turkey
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- splash milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
What you’ll do:
- Fold the slices of cheese in half and then in half again. Wrap each slice of folded cheese in a piece of turkey.
- Make a slice on the top of each slice of bread and cut about 3/4 of the way though to make a pocket.
- Stuff one of the turkey-swiss bundles into each pocket.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Combine the egg and a splash of milk in a shallow dish.
- Coat both sides of each piece of bread with the egg wash.
- Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Recipe and image from Rachael Ray Show. Visit the website for a video on how to make this meal.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!