Using chicken thighs helps ensure that the meat doesn’t dry out when cooking – but feel free to use chicken breasts if that’s what you have on hand. Serve these tacos with your favorite salsa. Recipe makes 4 servings (3 tacos each).
What you’ll need:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- cooking spray
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup Monterey-Jack cheese
- low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
What you’ll do:
- Heat grill or grill pan.
- Combine the chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture over the chicken.
- Grill the chicken on the grill or grill pan that’s when coated with cooking spray for 10 minutes on each side or until down.
- Let stand for 5 minutes then chop.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions.
- Divide the chicken evenly between the tortillas. Top with cabbage, cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!