Breakfast for dinner! Serve with fresh fruit and yogurt. Makes 10 pancakes.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk **
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
What you’ll do:
- Mix together the flour, pecans, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil and egg.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or large skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes or until the tops are bubbling, turn and cook the other side. Serve immediately.
** If you don’t have buttermilk, simply add 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or white vinegar to 1/2 cup skim milk. Let stand for 10 minutes before using.
Recipe and image from Southern Living.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!