Shrimp like you’ve never tasted it. Your kids will love that it’s served over rice with a sprinkle of peanuts. Makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups cooked hot rice
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
What you’ll do:
- Coat the shrimp with cooking spray. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the shrimp. Cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring constantly. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium high and coat the pan with cooking spray. Add the onion and cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk together the flour and the milk in a bowl.
- Add the milk mixture, sugar, curry powder, salt, ginger and red pepper to the pan. Cook 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the shrimp and heat through.
- Stir the peas into the hot rice; serve the shrimp over the rice.
- Top with peanuts and green onions.
Recipe and image from Oxmoor House.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!