Slow-cooker to the rescue! Once you’ve cooked the lean ground beef and onions, throw the remaining ingredients in your slow-cooker and it do all the work. Serve with cornbread on the side and a sprinkle of cheese on top.
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds lean (93/7) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll do:
- Cook the beef and onion over medium-high heat 10-12 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink.
- Combine the beef and onion mixture along with the beans, tomato juice, tomato soup, chili powder, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
Recipe and image from Southern Living.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table.