These muffins make a great addition to breakfast or as a snack. The recipe makes two dozen muffins – freeze half of them for later. (If frozen, simply microwave 20-30 seconds.)
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/8 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin (pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 24 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups.
- Combine the flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, oil, water and eggs. Stir with a whisk. Add in the pumpkin and combine.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until just moist.
- Divide among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe and image from Oxmoor House.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!