This calzone-like roll is filled with the flavors of the Mediterranean: feta, raisin and pine nuts. This recipe makes 6 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (6-ounce) packages baby spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add half of the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Add the remaining spinach and cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the feta, raisins, pine nuts, lemon juice, oregano, salt and ground red pepper.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet covered with cooking spray. Pat the dough out into a 15 x 12 rectangle.
- Spread the spinach mixture lengthwise over half of the dough – leaving a 1-inch border.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the filling, pressing the edges together with a fork.
- Cut 5 1-inch diagonal slits on top.
- Combine the milk and water; brush evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!