The perfect Fall treat! Examples of baking apple varieties are Cortland, Gala, Braeburn or Pippin. Serves 8.
What you’ll need:
- 8 baking apples
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
What you’ll do:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove and discard the cores of the apples.
- Place the apples in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar and butter. Divide the mixture between the apples.
- Bake until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!