Make cauliflower kid-friendly (and still healthy) with the addition of cheese and breadcrumbs. Makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (about 1/2 head)
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the broiler on your oven.
- In a large skillet, bring the cauliflower, 1 1/4 cups milk and salt to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, combine the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup cheese and oil in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the flour and 1/4 cup milk in another small bowl until smooth.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, stir the flour and milk mixture into the pan and cook, stirring until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, chives, mustard and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumb and cheese topping mixture.
- Broil about 1-2 minutes or the top is browned and crispy.
Recipe and image from Eating Well.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!