A delicious twist on tacos. Use the same pan for the whole recipe to make clean-up a breeze. Recipes serves 4 (2 tacos each).
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of excess fat and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
What you’ll do:
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the sliced pork with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to the pan. Add pork and saute 4 minutes or until browned.
- Remove the pork from the pan and place in a bowl. Add the onion and jalapeno to the pan, saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the broth and reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the tomato and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return the pork to the tomato and onion mixture. Stir in the cilantro and the lime juice and cook for a minute or until pork is done.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the mixture into each tortillas, roll up.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!