This slow-cooker meal gives you the afternoon off in the kitchen. Take 20 minutes to prep and 5 hours later, dinner’s ready. Serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 large shallots, peeled and halved (or 2 yellow onions, sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
What you’ll do:
- Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic cloves, broth, rosemary, salt and pepper in your slow cooker. Stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low for about 5 hours.
- Before serving, remove the bones (if desired) and stir in vinegar.
Recipe and image from Eating Well.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!