This main course salad could work for either lunch or a light dinner. Makes 4 salads. Feel free to use herbs other than parsley and tarragon, depending on what you have on hand.
What you’ll need:
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white whine vinegar
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 cups salad greens
- 3 plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
What you’ll do:
- Heat your outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with parsley, tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill until cooked through (juices run clear). Remove from grill and set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together the oil vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a sprinkle of black pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the arugula, salad greens, plum slices and onion slices in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Place about 2 cups of the salad mixture on each plate and top evenly with chicken.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!