This salad is a healthy spin on the Chef’s salad (traditionally full of fat). Bonus – no cooking required. This recipes makes 2 servings – but it’s easy to make more. And if you have other veggies on hand, throw them in the salad, too.
What you’ll need:
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup light dressing (look for minimal ingredients and vinaigrettes are usually lower in saturated fats)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices roasted turkey breast, sliced (3 ounces)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, sliced (2 ounces)
What you’ll do:
- Toss the greens, carrots, red onion and dressing together in a large bowl.
- Divide between two plates.
- Top each with equal amounts of the tomatoes, turkey and cheese.
Recipe and image from EatingWell
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!