August and September are the peak months for eggplant. Serve this pasta dish with a simple salad and a crusty piece of bread. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
What you’ll do:
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant, bell peppers, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the crushed red pepper, cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and the tortellini. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini are cooked through and most of the broth is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and 1/4 cup cheese. Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!