This budget-friendly dinner is ready in under 35 minutes. This one-dish meal serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 pound penne pasta (or other short pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
What you’ll do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Lower the heat to medium and add another tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft, 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the onions from the pan.
- Crumble the ground turkey into the pan and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, until no longer pink.
- Combine the pasta, turkey and onions together with 3/4 cup of the reserved cooking water. Toss well.
- If the sauce seems thin, add in the remaining 1/4 cup cooking water.
Recipe and image from Everyday with Rachael Ray.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!