A pre-cooked rotisserie chicken saves dinner with this easy, 20-minute recipe. Serves 4 with no sides needed.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 of a jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 carrots, grated
- one rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup crispy Chinese noodles (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
What you’ll do:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, sugar, sesame oil, jalapeno slices (if using), 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the lettuce, carrots and chicken. Toss to combine.
- Serve the salad with sesame seeds, noodles and cilantro on top.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!