Pizza and pasta in the same dish? It sounds too good to be true. Pair this dinner with a side salad for a meal that serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 8 ounce whole-wheat spaghetti (half a box)
- 3 cup marinara sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
What you’ll do:
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the spaghetti with 2 cups of the marinara sauce, the eggs and 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the spaghetti mixture and gently press down.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup marinara sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella and pepperoni slices.
- Bake until browned, about 18-20 minutes.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!