This hearty casserole is a one-dish meatless dinner. Feel free to use different cheese, like mozzarella or Parmesan, if you’re not a fan of goat cheese. Makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 2 medium sweet onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, rinses and drained
- 2 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large eggplant, edges trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 3 large squash (zucchini and squash, combination), ends trimmed
- 1/2 pound russet (baking) potatoes
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 4 ounces goat cheese
What you’ll do:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and halve the onions; slice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 8-10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in the beans, 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 oven-safe casserole dish.
- Cut the eggplant, squash, potatoes and tomatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices. Toss the vegetables with 2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange the vegetables on top of the onion-bean mixture in 1 layer; pack tightly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil, crumble the cheese on top. Bake for 15 more minutes, uncovered.
- Cool and serve.
Recipe and image from Family Circle.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!