The cabbage slaw adds color and crunch to this dish. If you prefer, serve chicken instead of pork over the slaw. Makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 4 cups thinly shredded cabbage (purple and green mix)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper (or orange or yellow)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll do:
- Preheat broiler.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Put pork in a medium bowl and coat with 3 tablespoons dressing.
- Broil the pork chops, turning once, until done (about 7 minutes for medium). Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage, cilantro, bell pepper and green onions. Toss with remaining dressing. Add peanuts and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve slaw with sliced pork.
Recipe and image from Sunset.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!