Greek yogurt makes this chicken salad creamy but without mayo! Serve with fresh fruit, such as watermelon, on the side. Makes 6 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (red, orange, yellow)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, cut in half
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato, cut in half
What you’ll do:
- Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, cumin and crushed red pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine the chicken, bell pepper, olives, red onion, cilantro and chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Add 1 piece of lettuce and 1 tomato half to each pita half.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken salad to each pita half and serve.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!