Chicken is spiced up with a fresh plum salsa that’s definitely not boring. Serve with sugar snap peas. Makes 4 servings in under 30 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 2 plums, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
What you’ll do:
- Combine the plums, jalapeno, basil, red onion, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Stir together the brown sugar, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in another small bowl. Rub chicken with brown sugar mixture.
- Cook the chicken in the hot oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with plum salsa.
Recipe and image from Southern Living.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!