Serve these open-face sandwiches with a simple side of carrot and celery sticks with low-fat dressing to dip. Serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots (or yellow onion)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 (6-ounce) pieces French bread, halved and toasted
What you’ll do:
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine the olive oil, shallots, mustard, pepper, salt and tuna in a bowl, stirring well.
- Peel, seed and chop the avocado.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over chopped avocado and gently mix with tuna.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over bread and broil for 3 minutes or until bubbly.
- Divide tuna evenly among the 4 pieces of bread and serve.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!