No guilt burgers! And lime and red pepper flakes really pump up the flavor, too. Makes 4 burgers.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound ground chicken (turkey would work, too)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (or orange or yellow)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 buns, toasted
- 1 avocado
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
What you’ll do:
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, green onions, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes and the juice of 1/2 the lime. Mix until combined and form 4 equal patties.
- Spray burgers on both sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Grill the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each burger, cover with a lid, and allow to melt, about a minute.
- Remove the burgers from the skillet, cover with foil and let rest while you make the guacamole.
- Mash together the guacamole, garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place each burger on the bottom half of the bun, top with guacamole and serve with the other bun half.
Recipe and image from Iowa Girl Eats.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!