The perfect light summer dinner or a great brunch idea. Serve with a side salad and fresh fruit. This recipe makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red, orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 9 large eggs
What you’ll do:
- Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper, onion, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and garlic.
- Cover and cook 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the pan over the vegetables, stirring gently.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes or until almost set in the middle.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil the frittata for 3 minutes or until set. Invert onto a platter and cut into 8 wedges.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!