Bring the taste of Italy home with these individual pita pizzas loaded with fresh veggies, melted cheese and a delicious cider vinegar sauce. Makes 4 pizzas.
What you’ll need:
- 4 (7-inch) whole-grain pitas
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet and spread 1/2 teaspoon garlic on each pita.
- Sprinkle each pita with 1/4 cup cheese and divide the onion slices evenly between each pita.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and the cheese is bubbly.
- While the pitas bake, combine the vinegar, oil and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and basil. Add the salad greens and gently toss to coat.
- Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates. Top each pita with about 1 cup of salad greens. Serve immediately.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!