Serve this Japanese-style chicken with snow peas for a complete dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Makes 4 servings (2 skewers and 3/4 cup rice per serving).
What you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup mirin (sweet rice wine; found on the international aisle)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into 8 pieces each
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
What you’ll do:
- Combine the mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add the chicken strips to the bowl and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Heat grill.
- Remove chicken from bowl, reserving the marinade.
- Place the marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Thread the chicken and bell pepper onto skewers.
- Brush the skewers with the marinade.
- Grill 4 minutes on each side or until done, brushing occasionally with remaining marinade.
- Remove from grill; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over rice.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!