This is a perfect make-ahead meal for weeks that are crazy. Feel free to substitute snow peas for the green beans. Makes 8 servings (1 cup each).
What you’ll need:
For the salad:
- 3 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup white rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeno
What you’ll do:
- To prepare the salad: Break the linguine in half and cook according to package directions. Add the beans in the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Stir in the celery, bell pepper, onion and cilantro.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients together and whisk until well blended.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Cover and chill.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!