Sweet mangoes pair perfectly with smokey barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese. Who said you can’t use the slow cooker during the summer? Makes 4 quesadillas.
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds top-of-the-round beef roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 large mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
What you’ll do:
- Combine the beef and barbecue sauce in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- When done, shred the meat by pulling against the grain with 2 forks.
- To assemble the quesadillas, on one half of the tortilla, spread 1/2 cup beef, 1/4 of the mango, 1/4 of the onion and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Fold the empty half over the full half and grill about 2-3 minutes each side or until the cheese has melted.
Recipe and image from Can you stay for dinner?
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!