The classic sandwich transformed into a layered salad. Choose center-cut bacon for a leaner option and for easier clean-up, cook the bacon in the oven at 350 degrees. Makes 4 salads.
What you’ll need:
- 8 slices center-cut bacon
- 4 slices bread
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles (or goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
What you’ll do:
- Cook bacon in the oven or stove-top until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- While the bacon is crisping, toast the bread and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Break bacon into 2-inch pieces.
- On plates, layer the toast, romaine, tomatoes, bacon and cheese.
- Combine the vinegar, olive oil, sugar, Dijon and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Drizzle vinaigrette on salads.
Recipe and image from Recipe.com
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!