Healthy, Mexican and pasta all in one. You won’t miss the meat in this dish that’s ready in 20 minutes. Serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package
- 3 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- sour cream or Greek yogurt (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
What you’ll do:
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Fold in the red pepper and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the corn and black beans. Season with salt and cumin.
- Pour in the enchilada sauce and bring to boil.
- Fold in cooked pasta, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with chopped tomatoes, feta, cilantro, tortilla chips, sour cream and hot sauce (all to taste).
Recipe and image from Eighty Twenty.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!