Everyone loves Italian food. This will become a family favorite when served over a bed of pasta. A side of broccoli would be a great side dish. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- cooked pasta
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and black pepper in a bowl. Stir, set aside.
- Put the mayonnaise in a shallow bowl with chicken breasts. Coat all sides.
- Dip the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture, coating well on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, top each chicken breasts with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on top of the pasta with extra marinara sauce.
Recipe and image from chocolate&carrots.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!