A light and flavorful dinner, perfect for Spring. This goes great with rice. Serves 4 in under 20 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable (or canola) oil
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarge
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped (keep the white and green parts separated)
What you’ll do:
- In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chile garlic sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Rub the ginger, garlic and pepper on the shrimp.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the white part of the green onion and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the snap peas, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry for about a minute.
- Whisk the soy mixture and add to the pan.
- Cook for about a minute more (until the shrimp are cooked and the sauce thickens).
- Toss in the green part of the green onions and remove from heat.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe and image from Very Culinary.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!