A simple, yet wonderful, way to enjoy Spring asparagus. Use quality ingredients to make this dish outstanding.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound thin asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces (tough ends removed)
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What you’ll do:
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add salt. Once boiling, add the asparagus and cook 3-5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water.
- Cook according to package directions.
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden.
- Add the asparagus, salt and pepper.
- Saute with the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolk, cheese and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water.
- Mix well.
- After you drain the pasta, return to the pan and add in the yolk mixture.
- Cook on medium-low for about 2 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Toss in the asparagus. Mix and season with salt and pepper.
- If the pasta seems dry, add a bit more of the cooking water until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with a sprinkle of grated cheese.
Recipe and image from SkinnyTaste.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!