This is not your traditional quesadilla! Turkey and cheese are a combo your kids are sure to love and the addition of the balsamic onions makes it not-so-ordinary. Serve with a side salad and you’ll have dinner for 4 on the table in 20 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices deli turkey (8 ounces)
What you’ll do:
- Combine the sliced onion and vinegar in a small bowl; let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Drain the onions from the vinegar.**
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tortillas over medium-high heat for 45 seconds, then flip.
- Pull one edge of each tortilla over the side of the pan so that the tortillas are not overlapping.
- On one half of each tortilla, sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese. Cover with 2 turkey slices and 1/4th of the onion mixture. Fold in half and gently flatten with a spatula.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Flip and cook until the other side is golden, 1 or 2 minutes more.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining tortillas.
Recipe and image from Eating Well.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!