Boring chicken and rice is taken up a notch with savory bacon and crisp sugar snap peas. Serves 6 in 40 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 pound fresh sugar snap peas, cut diagonally in half
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups hot, cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What you’ll do:
- Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Discard drippings from the skillet.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts on both sides. Add to the skillet and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and the juices run clear.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the onions and peppers to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the peas and the water; cover. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in the rice and transfer to serving platter.
- Top with the chicken and the Parmesan cheese.
Recipe and image from kraft foods.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!