Another 5-ingredient dinner! Serve with sauteed greens and fruit for dessert to keep this a Meatless Monday kind of meal. Serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1 15-ounce can white beans
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
What you’ll do:
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and the barley and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the barley is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir in the white beans and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with pepper, stir in the parsley and serve.
Recipe and image from Everyday with Rachael Ray
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!