Not counting salt and pepper, this dinner calls for 5-ingredients. If you want to add another little side dish, marinate cucumber slices in a mixture of rice vinegar and chopped mint.
What you’ll need:
- 4 center-cut loin pork chops
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 orange (1/2 pound)
What you’ll do:
- Trim and discard any excess fat from the chops. Pat down with a paper towel.
- Press the cumin seed and the black pepper on each side of the chops. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place each chop between two pieces of plastic wrap (or a plastic storage bag) and gently pound until 1/4-inches thick.
- In a medium size pan, over high heat, bring 2 cups broth to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous, cover with a lid and remove from heat. Let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over high heat. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the chops and brown, about 3-4 minutes each side. Once cooked, transfer to a serving dish.
- Rinse the orange and cut in half. Cut one of the halves into thin slices, cut the other into 4 equal pieces, removing all seeds.
- Return the chops to the pan and add the sliced orange with 1/3 cup broth.
- Cover and simmer about 4 minutes.
- Serve the pork over couscous with a wedge of orange.
Recipe and image from Sunset magazine.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!