Serve this comforting dish with a side of mashed potatoes and green peas for a hearty meal you don’t have to feel guilty about serving. If you don’t keep wine in the house, just use more beef broth in place of the red wine. Makes 4 delicious servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground sirloin (beef)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
What you’ll do:
- Combine 1/4 cup onion, pepper, salt, garlic and beef.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add the patties; cook3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Melt butter in pan once patties are removed.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and the remaining onion; cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine the broth and flour and add to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Cook 5 minutes or until thick.
- Add the patties and the vinegar to the pan and cook 3 minutes.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!