Simple, delicious and under 400 calories. You can use chicken, pork or salmon as your protein. Serve with a side of broccoli. Makes 4 servings in under 40 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 pork tenderloins, halved (1 1/2 to 2 pounds); 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; or 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- juice from 1 orange
What you’ll do:
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly coat 2 baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in one of the baking pans
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of rosemary and roast in the oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Spread the mustard on your meat of choice then sprinkle with sugar and 1 tablespoon rosemary.
- Arrange the meat or fish in the other baking dish. Roast, turning once, until cooked through (about 20 minutes for pork/chicken and 10 minutes for salmon).
- Check potatoes for tenderness, plate with the protein. Cover to keep warm.
- Place the baking pan used to roast the meat over a medium stovetop. Add the orange juice and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the juice over the meat and serve.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!