Ham and cheese meets pizza in this dinner idea. Pizza is the perfect solution to any Friday night. Simply add a side salad and a family board game to make the night complete. Recipe serves 6. If you can’t find Gruyere cheese, substitute in Swiss.
What you’ll need:
- pre-made pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, cut into thin rings (substitute small yellow onion)
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham (look for low-sodium varieties)
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere
What you’ll do:
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush the dough with 1 tablespoon of the oil and baked until puffed and golden (about 15 minutes – skip this step if the crust is pre-baked).
- In a medium bowl, toss the shallots, thyme (remove small leaves from sprigs), 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Top the pre-baked dough with the shallot mixture, ham slices and cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is crisp – 12 to 15 minutes.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!