Breakfast for dinner! This recipe serves 2, but you could easily double or triple the ingredients to serve your whole family. On the side, fruit and a whole-grain muffin or toast.
What you’ll need:
- 4 large egg whites (or egg substitute)
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced baking potato, cooked
- 1 tablespoon pre-made pesto
What you’ll do:
- Combine the eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl; whisk to combine.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add the mushrooms and bell pepper, saute 5 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and top with the potato (DO NOT STIR!).
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until the center is set.
- Spread the pesto over the top and slide out of the pan after loosening with a spatula.
- Cut in half and serve.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
What are you waiting for….Get dinner on the table!