Have you ever tried pita bread as a base for pizza? If not, give it a try. Not only is it delicious, it’s easy and affordable. Of course you can use a pre-made pizza crust instead. This recipe makes 4 pita bread pizzas but this recipe is easily doubled.
What you’ll need:
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 cups chopped spinach
- 4 pita bread rounds (look for whole-wheat, high-fiber varieties)
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash the black beans with the chili powder, cumin, cilantro and onion until it’s a paste-like consistency.
- Spread the black bean mixture over the pita bread rounds.
- Top with salsa, spinach and cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and it’s heated through.
Recipe and image from The Sweets Life blog.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!