This chicken tastes just like pepperoni pizza! And it only takes 20 minutes from start to eating. Serve with a green veggie on the side, like snap peas or asparagus. Serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil (or 2 tablespoons fresh)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven broiler to high.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray and add the garlic and pepperoni.
- Cook 2 minutes or until the garlic starts to brown, stirring frequently.
- Add in the oregano and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add marinara sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and swirl to coat.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!