I guarantee you can get your picky eaters to love broccoli if you roast it with garlic and oil. This recipe starts your year off healthy! Add more crushed red pepper if you like it spicy. This inexpensive meal serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli florets
- 6-8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a baking dish, combine the broccoli, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast the broccoli about 20 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes, until tender and browned.
- While the broccoli is roasting, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Before draining the pasta, reserve 1 cup cooking water.
- Drain the pasta and toss with roasted broccoli.
- Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water (or more if needed).
- Top with cheese and more pepper.
Recipe from SkinnyTaste.com
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!