This is a carb-lovers dream pizza! A pre-made crust makes it easy to get this dinner on the table in no time. Serves 6. On the side, a simple salad.
What you’ll need:
- 7 ounce fingerling potatoes (about 5 potatoes; any color)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- Cool the potatoes until able to handle.
- Cut the potatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to the pan and saute about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a large baking sheet and place dough on top of baking sheet and cornmeal.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the dough.
- Arrange the potatoes and onion over the cheese; top with goat cheese and garlic.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle with thyme; cut into 12 pieces.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!